Many are dreaming of a trip to the Bahamas or backpacking solo through Europe, and while choosing a travel destination is half the battle, planning the actual trip is where we tend to get lost along the way and sometimes even scrap the idea altogether.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of apps that can assist you with your travel plans. With a community of aspiring travelers, packing suggestions, jet lag assistance and last minute hotel deals at your side, these apps will turn upcoming spring or summer vacation goals and plans into a cinch.
- Hipmunk sources the best deals on flights that you can book directly from the app as well as best hotel rates for the nights you’ve selected. It also alerts you if fares have gone down so that you may immediately book your trip and benefit from the rate reduction.
- PackPoint generates a list of what you need to pack based on your destination, the length of the trip and the weather forecast. Avoid forgetting an umbrella for those just-in-case tropical rains!
- Entrain will help you beat dreaded jet lag endured on long and far trips. Developed by researchers at the University of Michigan, this app allow you to punch in data on your sleeping habit and the time zone of your travel destination to calculate a schedule of when you should stay in bright light, low light or be in the dark with its light sensory recommendations. The ultimate goal of the app is the help shift your sleeping schedule to lessen the impact of being in a different time zone so you can cheat jet lag.
- HotelTonight connects you to affordable hotels when you’re scrambling to book rooms at the last minute. It’s a lifesaving tool for easily pinpointing a hotel in a desired location that meets your budget.
- Linkagoal turns your travel goals into a reality. Linkagoal is your go-to community, where members from around the world help one another to reach their goals by providing tips and resources to planning a trip.
So where are you planning to travel? Make your Travel Plans on LinkaGoal!