Holiday parties and gatherings can sometimes put a strain on your wallet but we found these alternatives to traditional presents as a fun and creative way to add a twist.
- Instead of doing a gift swap this year, try a recipe exchange or food trade. We love the ideas in this list of affordable substitutes to holiday gift giving exchanges.
- A gift from your garden is not only a thoughtful gift, but something that friends or family will make great culinary use of. Garden delights in season right now: lemons, oranges, leeks and radishes.
- Go handmade with soap. These soap-making directions are quite easy and will have everyone asking you: “What smells so good?”
- Bring out your inner artist by doing some imaginative painting on pre-made canvas bags or aprons found in craft stores.
- Save the scents of the season by making a fruit potpourri with dried fruit and spices. The guide can be found here.
- This DIY mason jar snow globe is not only easy to make, it will have those receiving it smiling all night long. Check out the tutorial.
- If all else fails, gifting a bottle of your favorite wine to share with friends never fails to warm up the holidays.