The final days of the year are upon us and as we head full throttle into a fresh year, lets take a look back into some of the most motivational and defining moments of 2014.
- After some initial security concern, Russia held the Winter Olympics in Sochi to smooth sailings. Nations across the globe came together to participate in the games.
- In the science world, the breakthrough of the year went to the Rosetta mission for successfully landing the first spacecraft on a comet.
- In October, Malala Yousfzai became the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner. She was recognized for her efforts in securing education for children.
- Germany beat Argentina in overtime at the 2014 FIFA World Cup championship game held in Brazil. This was the fourth win in the country’s history.
- Maryam Mirzakhani, a professor of mathematics at Stanford, was awarded the Fields Medal. She is the first woman to have won the prize, widely regarded as the “Nobel Prize of mathematics.”
- The catchy, mega hit “Happy” by Pharrell spawns a musical frenzy around the world and is named the most played song of the year.
So what was your Motivational Moment from the past year? Share this post and let us know!